Meetings & Events
Workplace Violence Prevention by Express Employment Professionals
Name: Workplace Violence Prevention by Express Employment Professionals
Date: June 27, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM EDT
Workplace Violence Prevention
Including: Active Shooter SimulationNearly 2 million American workers report being victims of workplace violence each year. Does your organization have a workplace security and violence prevention program in place to reduce the risk of violence and respond appropriately if it does occur? Workplace violence is an unfortunate reality in today’s world that your company can’t afford to overlook.
This training provides an overview of best practices in workplace security standards, and an opportunity to participate in a simulated incident designed to help participants learn how to prepare for, respond to and recover from an active shooter situation. Topics will include:
Best Practices in Workplace Security Policies & Procedures
- OSHA General Clause Mandate to provide a safe workplace.
- Key workplace violence prevention policies and procedures.
- Hardening the target and empowering employees to observe and report.
- Behavioral indicators of potentially disruptive and violent incidents.
- Understanding the active shooter’s profile and intent.
- Run, hide, fight, and recover as an organization.
- Participants will experience an active shooter simulation.
- Includes simulated gunfire and engagement by law enforcement.
- Understand the implications of OSHA General Duty Clause Mandate to provide a safe workplace.
- Identify and review key workplace violence prevention policies and procedures.
- Learn how corporate cultures emphasizing dignity and respect deter violence.
- Learn how organizations can empower employees to reduce risk of violence.
- Learn how organizations “harden the target” to reduce the risks of workplace violence.
- Learn how to prepare for, respond to, and recover from an active shooter situation.
Presented by a Team of Workplace Security Experts:This training is brought to you by Express Employment Professionals in collaboration with a local team of workplace safety experts. Each specialist brings over 20 years of experience in security, mental health or law enforcement.
- Rudy Mascorro - Partner/Owner of DPI, Retired Detective Sergeant Holland Police Department, Served as a Hostage Negotiator and Undercover Operations.
- Lyle Labardee - Director of Behavioral Science Services, DPI
- Joel Maat - Associate, DPI. Training Officer with Holland Police Department
- David Grover - Associate, DPI. Former U.S. Navy Seal, and SWAT Team Trainer
- Ian McQuat – Associate, DPI. Former SAS British Special Forces, and SWAT Team Trainer
- Amy Zeilenga – Account Representative, DPI